Deloitte is a multidisciplinary professional services firm that offers a wide range of services in Malta. We are a leading provider of audit, tax, financial advisory, risk advisory and consulting and other related services to an extensive client base, including those in the maritime sector. Our yachting services team combines industry knowledge with the traditional skills in VAT, accounting, payroll and flag services to offer a one-stop shop solution to yacht owners.
In June 2017 Deloitte Malta became a part of Deloitte Central Mediterranean (DCM). DCM today comprises Deloitte Italy and Deloitte Greece, who joined forces in 2016, as well as Deloitte Malta. The DCM member firm is home to 9 Fortune 500 companies and 169 companies with revenues totalling over €1B. The member firm is a leading provider of professional services in its area, with 266 partners and approximately 5,500 practitioners.
OUR YACHTING FUNCTION
Deloitte Malta’s Yachting team is a small yet highly specialised, dedicated group of full time professionals within the Tax function with expertise in all aspects of the maritime industry—be it VAT or tax advice, accounting, corporate, regulatory and ship/flag matters. Knowing that no two clients’ needs are alike, we provide tailor made services to each individual owner to ensure that all the requirements in Malta have been met. The team specialises in private yacht leases and provides an end-to-end implementation solution for yacht owners.
Deloitte Malta offers a wide range of specialised professional services in the yachting and maritime sectors, including Malta tax advice and VAT planning. Deloitte Malta can also assist with flagging matters, crew payroll, accounting services and other ancillary items that are typically relevant for yacht owners. Deloitte Malta is part of the Deloitte Central Mediterranean member firm which also includes Italy and Greece, offering a unique opportunity to connect with owners, operators, shipyards and yacht management companies in those particular markets.
Our services include:
- Formation of shipping companies, partnerships, etc.
- Audit, accountancy and secretarial support services
- Crew contracts and payroll
- Registration of vessels under the Malta flag
- The handling of all flag administration matters
- Technical assistance in matters concerning authorisations, exemptions and extensions by the local authorities to the relevant classification society
- Directing our clients to an authorised surveyor in whatever region of the world they may be
- Obtaining all certificates necessary in order for our clients to benefit from Malta’s various agreements
- Dealing with local Malta authorities such as Transport Malta
- Tax planning for merchant vessels
- Tax planning for yacht owners
- Implementation of the Malta VAT Yacht Leasing structures
- Assistance in yacht importations
Address: Deloitte, Deloitte Place, Mriehel Bypass, Mriehel BKR 3000, Malta.
Tel. (+356) 2343 2000
Chris Borg - firstname.lastname@example.org